Scandia Shores is the area's most enjoyable senior living residence. This exceptional senior community combines the beauty of the countryside with the convenience of suburban life. Choose from six beautiful floor plans with many on-site comforts and services. Enjoy the pleasant grounds and nearby walking trails. Take part in your favorite past times or try new ones at social, cultural, spiritual and recreational events.
See brochure for pricing.
- Located on a bus line
- 24-hour controlled access entry
- Camera-monitored areas
- Handicap accessible
- Smoke free living environment
- Month-to-month rental agreement
- Two complimentary laundry rooms on each floor
- Heat, water, trash pick-up and recycling included in rent
- Heated underground and off-street parking available
- Car wash area
- Complimentary coffee daily
- Crafts and recreation room
- Billiards room
- Health and wellness programs
- Fitness center
- Walking trails
- Sitting areas
- Outdoor patio and gazebo
- Community computer with internet access
- Guest room available
- Small pets welcome
- Hair salon
- Spiritual Care Program, including Nondenominational worship services
- On-site professional management
- Home Care services available through a partnership with Optage Home Care
- Full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher and garbage disposal
- Large windows allowing for natural light
- Light, neutral décor
- Ample storage in cabinets and closets
- Blinds on all windows
- Patios and/or balconies available on most two bedroom floorplans
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Safety grab bars in bathrooms
- Emergency pull cords in bedrooms and bathrooms monitored 24-hours
Recreation and Social Programming
Scandia Shores offers a variety of recreational, religious, educational, cultural and social programs.
Scandia Shores is located less than a block from the MetroTransit bus line into St. Paul.
Check out these videos:
839 sq ft
839 sq ft
758 sq ft
Mora / Karlstad
758 sq ft
996 sq ft
1,160 sq ft
- Bank (1 block)
- Caribou Coffee (2 blocks)
- Como Park (8 miles)
- Doctor Office (1 block)
- Dry Cleaners (1 block)
- Eagle Brook/WBL Campus (7 miles)
- Florist (2 miles)
- Gas Station (1 block)
- Incarnation Lutheran Church (less than 1 mile)
- Kowalski's Market (1 block)
- Long Lake Regional Park (5 miles)
- Maplewood Mall (7 miles)
- North Heights Lutheran Church (3 miles)
- Northwest Family YMCA (4 miles)
- Ramsey County Library (1 mile)
- Rosedale Mall (7 miles)
- Restaurants (2-4 blocks)
- St. Odilia Catholic Church (4 miles)
- Seasonal Farmer’s Market (1 mile)
- Shoreview Community Center (1 mile)
- Snail Lake Park (1 mile)
- Veterinarian (1 block)
- Von Hansons Meat (2 blocks)
- Walgreens (2 blocks)
"My wife and I moved here from our home in Roseville, six years ago. At first, we were skeptical because we didn't know what to expect, but we found our new home very nice, clean, and well-kept.
We discovered the enrichment programs and various entertainment offered.
The religious atmosphere is tolerant to all faiths.
Transportation to stores and banks is provided on a weekly basis.
At first, we felt isolated and lonely. It took some time for us to meet and know the residents.
Eventually this changed because of the nice people here. We found residents very friendly.
Our apartment is well maintained.
One thing we like very much is the lunch and evening food service.
Most of all, we like the staff.
The library is very good.
A workshop, pool room, garage, car washing facilities, exercise machines, free laundry equipment are here too.
Unique is the beautiful setting with its courtyard and many flower gardens.
We highly recommend Scandia Shores."
- DeArv and Alice
"I can’t explain my feelings about Scandia Shores in just a couple of words. Everything just clicked. God blessed me and brought me to the perfect place. Twenty years ago, after my husband died, God told me he had a plan for me. I didn’t know it would take 20 years, but I know this is His plan."