The Gathering, coordinated by Avinity, seeks to provide stimulating programming for those experiencing early- to mid-stage memory loss in a safe and welcoming setting while their caregiver enjoys time for other priorities.
- Compassionate volunteers build personal relationships with program participants.
- Each Gathering session is carefully planned around themed activities that are designed to be socially and cognitively stimulating. The sessions are led by specially trained volunteers in collaboration with licensed staff from Avinity Respite Solutions.
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants meet two to four times per month on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are hosted at and supported by partnering churches.
- Participants enjoy a nutritious lunch and activities that nurture the body, soul, and spirit.
- Prior to enrollment, a caregiver and their loved one experiencing memory loss meet with an Avinity Respite Solutions professional for an assessment and conversation about how The Gathering can meet their needs.
- Participants pay a sliding scale session fee which is billed monthly.
- Support groups and resources are available to caregivers of The Gathering participants.
To inquire about how to get involved with The Gathering, please contact Mary Casarez at 612.243.4591 or [email protected]
"Unfortunately my husband passed away, so can't continue in the program, but he thoroughly enjoyed it when he attended and I felt the program was the best; having a volunteer to sit with each participant made all the difference." – Barb
"Thank you for this program. Best value for my dollar!" – Phyllis
"I just wanted to share with you that Jim has really enjoyed his time so far at The Gathering! He has enjoyed both the content and especially the people! Thanks!" – Bonnie
"My mom always looks forward to going to The Gathering at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. She remembers and talks about the lectures and activities they do. She also raves about the lunches and, most importantly, she enjoys the people she meets there. Both the volunteers and other participants. I have also been so impressed with the volunteers there. Truly wonderful and caring people. We so very much appreciate this program.
– Anja Curiskis
August 4, 2022 theme: Cruise Ships
Christmas 2021 - Celebrating the Nutcracker Ballet