The Gathering coordinated by Avinity seeks to provide respite and support for caregivers of family members experiencing early- to mid-stage memory loss while their loved one enjoys stimulating programming in a safe and welcoming setting.
- Compassionate volunteers build personal relationships with program participants.
- Each Gathering session is carefully planned around themed activities that are designed to be socially and cognitively stimulating. The sessions are led by specially trained volunteers in collaboration with licensed staff from Avinity Respite Solutions.
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants meet two to four times per month on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are hosted at and supported by partnering churches.
- Participants enjoy a nutritious lunch and activities that nurture the body, soul, and spirit.
- Prior to enrollment, a caregiver and their loved one experiencing memory loss meet with an Avinity Respite Solutions professional for an assessment and conversation about how The Gathering can meet their needs.
- Participants pay a sliding scale session fee which is billed monthly.
- Support groups and resources are available to caregivers of Gathering participants.