The Gathering, coordinated by Avinity, seeks to provide stimulating programming for those experiencing early- to mid-stage memory loss in a safe and welcoming setting while their caregiver enjoys time for other priorities.
- Compassionate volunteers build personal relationships with program participants.
- Each Gathering session is carefully planned around themed activities that are designed to be socially and cognitively stimulating. The sessions are led by specially trained volunteers in collaboration with licensed staff from Avinity Respite Solutions.
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants meet two to four times per month on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are hosted at and supported by partnering churches.
- Participants enjoy a nutritious lunch and activities that nurture the body, soul, and spirit.
- Prior to enrollment, a caregiver and their loved one experiencing memory loss meet with an Avinity Respite Solutions professional for an assessment and conversation about how The Gathering can meet their needs.
- Participants pay a sliding scale session fee which is billed monthly.
- Support groups and resources are available to caregivers of Gathering participants.
"Unfortunately my husband passed away, so can't continue in the program, but he thoroughly enjoyed it when he attended and I felt the program was the best; having a volunteer to sit with each participant made all the difference."
– Barb S.
Christmas 2021 - Celebrating the Nutcracker Ballet